Re: Statistics from last 30 days in comp.cad.solidworks

Interesting. I'll bet if relevance to the newsgroup purpose could be tallied the order of posters would be in reverse, with some exceptions. Jon and Cliff would DEFINTELY be at the very bottom despite Jon spewing twice as much as the next numerous poster and Cliff spewing MORE than twice as much as Jon. Both of them should be ashamed of themselves.

Mark 'Sporky' Stapleton Watermark Design, LLC

Sporkman

Besides, "The Virus", SolidWorks product loyalists who don't speak up about the severe limitations of SolidWorks have the most to be ashamed of. I'd include you in that group.

jon

Reply to
jon banquer

sheesh

Regards

Daveb

Reply to
DaveB

individuals,

differences,

"I would hate to see the number of participants and/or postings decrease due to excessive personal differences, attacks, or otherwise counter-productive postings."

This is exactly what happened to alt.machines.cnc due to "The Virus's" stalking tactics and desire to distroy individuals who disagree with him.

Case In Point:

Bill Roberto has his own CNC consulting business and "The Virus" does everything he can to attempt to belittle Bill and show how superior he is to Bill.

Meanwhile Bill Roberto works everyday while "The Virus" sits at home posting off topic on Usenet because he was forcibly retired and no one is interested in his "services".

Once again :

"The Virus" has never used SolidWorks.

Another Example:

Just this weekend we had "The Virus" try and tell a long time user of MasterCAM that he really doesn't know what he's talking about.

"The Virus" has never used MasterCAM.

jon

Reply to
jon banquer

A good suggestion, and one that I've made myself on a number of occasions. Unfortunately it doesn't work to reduce the number of postings, especially because two people are so dense and inconsiderate that they won't take a hint. Telling them to "shaddup" doesn't work either, but it makes me feel like I'm doing SOMETHING. I'll probably knock it off, though, except for an occasional "shaddup". Killfile is indeed the way to go. Unfortunately Netscape 4.75 doesn't have the capability to killfile (and no, I don't want to "upgrade", for several reasons), but there IS a little add-in utility called FixNews that supposedly does patch Netscape so that one can killfile. I'm going to try it now.

'Sporky'

Reply to
Sporkman