rendering clear acrylic

Hi all,

I have some parts modelled as sheet metal, with multiple folds and radiused bends etc. The parts are made of acrylic, so when I'm rendering in photoworks I'm using a very transparent glass material with low refraction etc.

Problem is that PW always shows black faces some of the radius bends or on material edges no matter how many reflection and refractions I set in the PW options (well I've tried up to 8/12).

Is there an easier way to achieve total transparency in this situation. The rendering times go through the roof using indirect illumination and very high reflection/refraction values.

Zander

Reply to
Zander

See what happens witha refraction of 1 (really no refraction). If the black spots go away then tweak up to bend the light enough to simulate glass without getting those black regions.

Reply to
ed1701