Slightly OT: naming/numbering parts of IC-engines

Hi,

this question is a bit off-topic, but I hope that someone can answer it.

I'm looking for a standardized numbering system to name parts of internal combustion engines. I.e. crank etc. start with 3., housing with 2, valve-train with 5 or whatever. I bet that it exists, but maybe every manufacturer is cookin his own soup?

Nick

Reply to
Nick Müller