Solidworks 2004 - confirming what everyone knows

Thank you bill. We have not upgraded to 2004 yet I was waiting for SP2.0 I want to upgrade but it is looking bleak. I have tinkered a bit in 2004, but since I am not using it on a daily basis I have not noticed these irritating slowdowns and bottle necks. Let alone the fact that they are so widespread within the program. This is truly SAD. Does anybody really suggest that upgrading from 2003 could be an improvement, and if fillets and extrudes are getting slow how do you justify it?

Disappointed, Corey Scheich

Reply to
Corey Scheich

Sooo...Why don't we get SolidWorks on something that is really far more stable and consistent? Like Unix!

In spite of Microsoft's insistence that their 'ways' are the future (which I disagree with), I seem to see more and more use of open standards and Linux & Unix are getting stronger.

Bo

Reply to
Bo Clawson

They were all set to do that, but they liked the Windows Installer too much. :^P

Mike J. Wilson

Heh.

But seriously.....

If PTC Wildfire on Linux takes off and the prices are competititve, I wouldn't be surprised if many SW users took a long hard look at jumping ship. SW is the only piece of software for which I don't have a viable Linux alternative for my everyday work tasks. At home, I've been 100% Linux for nearly three years.

Jim S.

Reply to
Jim Sculley

problem is....PTC needs to port everything else they make to Linux. Just Pro-E is kinda half-assed. If you need one of the other products along with pro-e you need to keep windos.

I hope it does well tho.

-nick e.

Reply to
Nick E.

Well I decided to painstakingly reproduce my "Ship in a Bottle" part in 2004 completely from scratch. No cutting and pasting. I was curious to see what the rebuild performance looked like between an older 2001Plus file, saved as 2004 and a newer native 2004 file.

From my preliminary results, I see that the 2004 native file is about

1 second faster (50 rebuilds) than the 2001Plus file, saved as 2004.

However, BOTH files are about 10 seconds SLOWER than when I do the test in 2001Plus with the original file still on my website.

I'll do some more testing and maybe make a new thread on the subject. Is anyone interested in trying out the native 2004 file?

Mike Wilson

Mike J. Wilson

"Mike J. Wilson" a écrit dans le message de news:

400502b3_1@127.0.0.1...

Scary... How long is the 2001+ rebuild (or what is the % change)?

Reply to
Jean Marc BRUN

Check out my new post...

Mike J. Wilson