Solidworks Obj exporter

Man, i was digging through some old files the other day, and i found this old solidworks to wavefront .obj exporter that i wrote years ago. I don't know if there are any others out there, but if anyone thinks its worth the time for me to post it, I'll put it up on my site. There's also, for those of you that don't know, there is a solidworks nurbs editor that i wrote already up there.

-Andrew

Reply to
plasmaandrew

Is there a link that doesn't require downloading software to access it?

Reply to
TOP

Hi Andrew

Just installed your NURBS editor and tried to send you feedback to the address in the README, the address bounces back as unrecognised.

Here is the email I sent

Hi

Just installed your NURBS editor and followed the README, got this error on attempting to use it.

"A serous error occurred during playback. Perhaps the macro was not played in the correct context The system could be in an unstable state now."

Regards John Layne

John Layne

how could you access software from a link without downloading it? I don't get it. Do you have the flash player? you might get prompted to download that.

Reply to
plasmaandrew

Andrew,

Someone over on the Product Design Forum

was asking if SW could "move surface points" like Rhino, and I sent a link to an old V.02 version of your NURBS editor that I had. I hope that you don't mind. The txt file was intact so you get full credit. Anyway, when I went to your website to see if there was an updated version I put in my email address and received a password to the Zip file but no way to get to the Zip file. That is way I sent the .02 version that I had. Is there any update on the NURBS editor? Just curious really, but you might want to go over to the Product Design Forum and "talk" to them directly.

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

Hmmm. after you submit your email address, there should be a link that says, "download file". Click that and it should show up. If not, then maybe you have some anti-spyware software or something running that is blocking it.

Reply to
plasmaandrew

This is the reply that I get: Thanks for your interest in our software. We hope you find it useful.

The Zip file password is: Blah, Blah, Blah

Feel free to email me with images of any cool works you may create with this software. We are looking to create a Gallery on our site. Be sure to include your name and any other important information, so we may apply proper credits!

Also, if you are in need of any print graphics, web design, visualization, or other SolidWorks additions, please don't hesitate to let me know. We offer the best prices anywhere.

Thanks!

Andrew Prousalis

And when clicking on the above, I just get a Flash page that says comming soon.

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

Unfortunately no response from Andrew, has anyone had the same problem and been able to resolve the issue with this software?

John Layne

John Layne

hmmm. I may be a little bit confused. Is it that you can not download the software? Just go to the wwww.plasmadevelopment.com/software page and enter your email. then click the arrow button to submit, and then click "DOWNLOAD FILE" to download the software. you can then unlock the ZIP with the password that is emailed to you. THIS IS ONLY FOR THE NURBS EDITOR, THE OBJ EXPORTER ISN'T UP YET.

If you're still having trouble, let me know.

-Andrew

Reply to
plasmaandrew

Hi Andrew

Thank you for responding.

I tried to send you an email to snipped-for-privacy@plasmadevelopment.com(the address in the readme.txt), it bounced, email address unresolved.

After installing your NURBS editor and following the README, I get this error on attempting to use it.

"A serous error occurred during playback. Perhaps the macro was not played in the correct context The system could be in an unstable state now."

After I incur this error, I then attempt to shut down SolidWorks and SolidWorks crashes. I then have to reboot for SolidWorks to work correctly.

Regards John Layne

John Layne

hmmm. thats a bit odd. my email has been a bit funny lately, so i apologize for the bounces and wastes of your time. Are there any other macros running while you run this one? I believe that this may be the reason, just let me know. I'm thinking of writing this software into a full add-in, which would make it much more powerful, and hopefully less susceptible to this kind of thing.

BTW, i checked out your web site and saw some images which look like they were rendered with maxwell. is this so? what are your thoughts on that renderer? it sounds fantastic.

-Andrew

Reply to
plasmaandrew

Hi Andrew,

There are no other macros running that I'm aware of, I tried disabling all other addin's. I look forward to the full add-in.

Yes the top row was rendered in Maxwell. I have high hopes for Maxwell, they have had a number of missed deadlines lately and are annoying a number of there customers. Originally Next Limit stated October, then 22 November and finally December for the release of V1. They have now released a number of "Release Candidates" the first of which resembled an Alpha more than an RC.

Despite all the drama with Maxwell missed deadlines, I still prefer rendering in Maxwell Beta rather than PhotoWorks! Time will tell if my $500 investment was well spent. At the moment I don't recommend anyone buys it, I may change that opinion if they deliver much promised improvements with RC5.

John Layne

John Layne

This site does not recognize a ***.ca email?

Ben

Reply to
Ben Eadie

No flash, no see page. Sorry.