Steel angles and channels for a home project

Can anyone advise a source for models of standard, small ( 2" to 5" ish ) steel channels and angles. We dont use these at work, so we dont have toolbox etc. google produces a universe of vendors, but so far I havnt stumbled on any dimensions good enough to design with Thanks

Reply to
rankamateur

If you're just looking for steel structurals, then just browse to

Or obtain a Tull/Ryerson catalog. Or an O'Neal catalog. The dimensions are all there for stock products.

If you're looking for a small cross-section alternative to steel structural shapes try 80/20

or Item
for aluminum extrusions. Aluminum extrusions of such types are more expensive than steel structurals, but they provide easy and adjustable mounting options (with T-nuts) that steel structurals can't. And they give you cross sections that you can use to extrude whatever lengths you want.

'Sporky'

Reply to
Sporkman