SW2007 ship

First set just arrived - 6 CD's and 1 DVD. The DVD has the 64 bit version on it also.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Ours came today too. Milwaukee, WI

KMaren

Reply to
ken.maren

Mine actually came yesterday. I didn't want to brag about preferential treatment.

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

Reply to
Nascar

Anyone having problems opening/running the DVD? My DVD player does not recognize it?

..

Reply to
Paul Salvador

Had to use the CD's,.. installed and asked for the new search thingy NOT be installed,... well, I launched 2007 and guess what,.. the search thingy is still there... and guess what else 2007 crashed! What a sweet POS!

Re-launched, and it seems to work but search thingy still is there.

Then I wanted to install the DWG thingy,.. it ask for disk 1 and guess what,... it won't install, it does not recognize CD disk 1!?!?! WHAT A POS!!

$W Corp is like AutoDe$k all over again!!

..

Reply to
Paul Salvador

Also, I have to note,.. in the packaging is a green graph paper note pad (~50 sheets),...???

Plus,.. marketing propaganda printed on it,.. It says: "Design better products"? And: "Refer a friend to SolidWorks"

Why do I need a this, to design product on and too sketch my design intent??!!!??? WTF!?!?!?!!?

WHAT A WASTE OF PAPER!!!

..

Reply to
Paul Salvador

Hey Paul,

It seems like you have bigger problems. I installed from the DVD on both the desktop and laptop without a hitch..

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

Actually, my DVD player works perfectly, it's SW Corps DVD.

..

Reply to
Paul Salvador

Odd!

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

I got mine today. The pseudo spindle in both boxes ( I got to open two licenses) had let go of the CDs and they were just rattling around in the case.

I read through the highlights. One or two things might interest me. The rest are curiosities. 3D sketcher relations are one of those things. I'll have to give equal a try for modeling the edges of a platonic solid.

Wayne Tiffany wrote:

Reply to
TOP

Got ours today (8/25/06), Orlando Florida

Aron

Reply to
Aron (bacsdesign.com)

Just in case their is a problem with the DVD or software, SW has included a nifty alternative design pad :-} Did the 2007 kit include a mechanical drafting pencil and eraser?

Kman

Reply to
Kman

The pad was not in one box I opened.

It may be there to had heft to the box. Much cheaper than a real What's New printing.

Kman wrote:

Reply to
TOP

Hahah Not totally true - at least autodesk had a 2d editor that actually works . . .

(Gives credence to the old addage "You get what you pay for")

:)

My dvd was working just fine, but I had to reinstall but I needed to get a rewinder before I could get it done . . .

Later,

SMA

Reply to
Sean-Michael Adams