tight tol. grinding

I am working on a gage for a part that has a tru pos. of .001. A 10 % gage means a true pos of .0001. Anybody have a good source for precision grinding that can hold this or even tighter? And on top of that I need a source for certifing the gage too. Any leads will be GREATLY appreciated. TIA!

Reply to
3d

That would be a shop that does jig grinding. Usually with a Moore Jig Grinder. Anything tighter than .0001 is not practical, because the ridges that the grinding process makes is usually larger that .0001.

Dan

Reply to
Dan Bovinich

"3d" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@bright.net:

I know I've sent gages with that kind of precision through our shop. They have some connections for certifications as well. Look up

to see if you think they can help. Depending on the complexity of the geometry, I think they can do it.

Reply to
Dale Dunn