to mr CAD Guy (hp w/athlon64 3400+)

hello mr CAD Guy! are you still subscribing this group? I've just found your message about your hp with atjlon 64 3400+ processor in google archives. I intend to buy exactly the same one, but I'm courious what would you say about its stability? Especially during renderings. I heard many opinions that athlons (however these were not 64) used to hang just in the end of the rendering process. Is it true? What is your experience with this processor?

And how long can you work with the battery? I heard also that amd gives more heat than p4 and because of that the battery goes off faster.

And the last question: did you, after all, succed to crack geforce4 440 go to softquadro4? what was a result?

Merry Christmas to all of you!

-- best wishes,

Reply to
[.:whammy:.]

Never heard of a CPU causing a hang during anything. In any event, that would be a software problem. The CPU has no knowledge what is being done with it. It just processes bits and bytes.

I have been using Athlons for six years and am always surprised that I people blame all kinds of things on them and never notice the problems that crop up with Intel.

I think that Intel is the big heat problem CPU these days. It goes with the higher GHz.

Reply to
P.