User Specified Name value

Does anyone know of any program that will allow access to the User Specified Name value for the Bill of Materials Options from outside SolidWorks? We have a situation that we do once in a while where we copy a whole project, such as a fork transfer, from an existing job to a new job. The point is to start with the existing transfer and then make necessary changes. A project like this might encompass several hundred files.

One factor in this method is the time that it takes to modify all the values of that variable since the new job may not have the same series of part numbers as the previous one. So what we would like to do is be able to reach into all of those files one at a time, at least to start, and change the value from say 251B to maybe 431B, or something, and be able to do this without loading all the files into SW. Anything out there already?

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Wayne,

I can't say for sure right now but look at the functionality for the Configuration Manager. That API can be run outside of SW AFAIK.

TOP

Reply to
TOP