Way to draft half a given angle?

I am trying to build an acoustic box and want to miter the edges so that there is a tight fit. I am having trouble with some of the derived miter angles, as these are not nice round angles. The best way I can think of it is if you were trying to miter the edges between a soccer ball (as if they were all flat panels of course)

Since the miter edge is half of the angle between adjoining panels is there a way to add an equation into the draft feature to simply take half of the angle between the panels? Can someone suggest another way?

What I did was to first I create the interior volume of the box. I then lay panels on this interior volume to create their exact size. The panels were just simple extrusions and I used convert entities to give the panels their shape. I just want to add the miter in as a draft to fill in the gaps between the panels. I can email a file out if someone doesn't mind taking a look.

Thanks.

Reply to
rob nolin

Draft function is limited in the angle it works to. I recall it falls out somewhere around 30 degrees.

Doing a cut where you relate the angle by a formula to the total included angle/2 seems to me to be the easiest way to keep the mitre angle "right".

Bo

rob nol> I am trying to build an acoustic box and want to miter the edges so

Reply to
Bo

On a sample of one, using SW07, it works to 89.991 degrees, but not at

89.992 degrees.

Jerry Steiger