What is the easiest way to mate screws to square holes?

I currently have to create an axis in the middle of each square hole I want to mate something cylindrical to. Is there an easier way to do this? (i hope so)

Reply to
SW Monkey

How is the square hole made? Holefully there is some sketch geometry you can work with, because there's no good way to do it using model geometry.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

De Boss the Plane!....De Plane!

Use De plane or make some planes to mate with.

Regards, Scott

Reply to
Scott

In the sketch to make the square hole, add a diagonal construction line joining opposite corners, and add a point constrained to the midpoint of the construction line. Show the sketch for the hole in the assembly part. Mate the centerline of the cylindrical part to the point. Then add a parallel mate between the cylindrical part's centerline and one edge of the hole.

Reply to
Art Woodbury

Thanks for the suggestions.

I currently do something like what Art stated, but I make a Axis on the midpoint of the diagnol sketch line.

Im trying to find the fastest way of doing this. Ill play around with all of the ideas on Monday and see which on is the quickest.

Any other suggestions, please post :)

Thanks.

Reply to
SW Monkey

If you make your square hole using a 4 sided polygon you will have a circle in the sketch to work with.

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich

Maybe consider a library or palette feature of the square hole (with the axis).

Reply to
Bob