Canadian Tire Money and Sand & Gravel

Since I started Great Northern Sand & Gravel Company in the late 90's it has always intrigued me that by far the greatest number of orders has been from the U.S.A.

While it should be expected considering the relative size of the economy and the population there compared to that of Canada, the ratio isn't even close to 10:1. That appears to really puzzle Revenue Canada too!! They ask me to explain at the end of each quarter and I can't explain it for the life of me.

Maybe it's the postal rates (it costs more to ship from here to Toronto than to Miami - and it likely passes through Toronto in transit!!) or our infamous GST which adds 7% right off the bat or the unfavourable exchange rate (which is getting better, by the way).

Anyway; to give Canadians a bit of a break and to see if I can get the ratio up where I expected it to be, I've launched the first (hopefully of many)

Dog Days of Summer Canadian Deal

If you order from Canada, you can pay with a common household item all Canajans have stashed away!

This deal expires when the Liberals decide who's going to be In Charge of Sheila Copps.

Ian Mathers Great Northern Sand & Gravel Company

Reply to
Ian G. Mathers

Ian=A0G.=A0Mathers wrote: If you order from Canada, you can pay with a common household item all Canajans have stashed away!

money? What's that?

History of N Scale:
Links to over 600 helpful sites:

Bill

Hi again Bill;

Further to the question you posed, here is a web site that explains the history of Canadian Tire Money......

toward the bottom of the page are photos of all the various series of bills since 1958. They are the same size; look, smell and feel like currency and there is also (I used to have it bookmarked) a site for collectors, but I can't find it right now.

Ian Mathers

Reply to
Ian G. Mathers

C Tucker wrote: Think S&H Green stamps.

---------------------------------------------- I always liked Green stamps. I liked the catalogs, too. Unfortunately, my wife seemed to use the stamps before I could collect enough to get the things I wanted.

History of N Scale:
Links to over 600 helpful sites:

Bill

I was thinking more like string two batteries together for 24V to run the thermostat...

Jay CNS&M Wireheads of the world, unite!

Reply to
JCunington

Yup. "The Brown" delivers most of my mail order purchases. ;-)

Reply to
Corelane

Isn't it pretty standard to power 7.5" gauge locomotives with 12v batteries in series? I've seen models of diesel engines in that scale powered that way.

Reply to
Mark Mathu

A British firm was recently offering a control system for OO scale using onboard battery power and control via infrared. I can't really remember the name, perhaps "Red spot" or something similar.

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Gregory Procter

YES Roe