Help With a 1961 Lionel Super Chief Set

Hi, please excuse the interruption and simplistic questions to your news group.
I am looking for some guidance on valuing and selling a 1961 or 62
Lionel Super Chief passenger set. This was owned by my dad as part of a very large Lionel collection. He sold most of it off just before he passed away but left this set out of the auction (as it was the very first he purchased.) He bought it new back in 1961.
The set is of no use to me at this point so I would like to see it find a good home with a collector. The set is:
Santa Fe 2382 A Santa Fe A (Dummy) 2383 Santa Fe B 2583 Indian Falls Passenger Car 2562 Regal Pass Dome Car (three of these) 2561 Vista Valley Observation Car
All in Very Good Condition except the B unit which is in Good condition
No Boxes
What are these worth and what is the best avenue to sell these?
Any advise and guidance is appreciated. And if this is not the right forum to ask these questions, please direct me one that is.
Thanks, Paul
If you want train advice you are in the wrong place. This board is run by a few angry men who trash anyone they dont like or know. Most post under multiple names.
The best thing to do with your trains is post them on ebay. Search there for similar items to get some idea of price. There are also books on Lionel train values but I think ebay is your best bet.
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

On Jan 14, 1:26 pm, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

Charles Siegel has an on-line price guide:
http://www.traincity.com/shoppg.html
Greenberg's Lionel Pocket Price Guide--2007 Edition:
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
Bill Bill's Railroad Empire N Scale Model Railroad: http://www.billsrailroad.net Brief History of N Scale: http://www.billsrailroad.net/history/n-scale Model Railroad Books, Toys, and Trains: http://www.billsrailroad.net/bookstore Resources--Links to 1,200 sites: http://www.billsrailroad.net/bills-favorite-links
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

Nice one, pcmancini! You must've been reading the Merry Christmas thread. Heh heh.
Sorry, can't help you with your problem, though.