Re: Jawn Henry Model (old)

Both Brown Books only list one builder and importer, KMT and Alco as the importer. If I remember correctly these engines are "all" brass and quite well detailed. They had two motors. It sounds like you have a unique engines but maybe someone else knows what it is.

Reply to
Jon Miller

The only commercial Jawn Henry I am aware of was made for Alco Models sometime ca. 1980 (I have one, and am familiar with it). It is a typical brass model of the period, and has KMT style gearboxes with spur gear towers. It does NOT have 'spring belt drive', and so does not seem to match your model. It also has two 'tenders' ... one a water bottle, and the other mainly a water treatment unit. JH's coal was carried in a bunker in the loco's nose.

So this apparently does NOT answer your question as to the origin of your model. If the shell looks commercial, perhaps someone found a junk shell and scratchbuilt a chassis and tender for it.

Dan Mitchell ==========

Reply to
Daniel A. Mitchell

Let me see. Hummm. Spend a week trying to track down a book that makes my librarian laugh? Or ask on a news group in get the answer in fifteen minutes. Hummmmmmmmmm.

That's a tough one.

CTucker NY

Reply to
Christian

I was trying to be helpful, and I didn't claim to have the ultimate answer.

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Gregory Procter