Re: question - where can one send up related binary files (ie related to Models.railroad)

file size approx .5 meg... an inventory file created by excel - that will

>break out by any catagory you choose, ie road name, road numbers, those >with kds, manufacturer, color,etc.

Hi Cookie,

What does the table structure look like? Can you export just the table/field structures and identify the relationships between them?

I have a mysql server running and am trying to learn how to use it. Creating the tables and data entry forms are the two areas I have to deal with that I am least familiar with.

Bob McConnell N2SPP

Reply to
Bob McConnell

Bob McConnell wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Hi Bob, no tables - this is done in Excel as a Spreadsheet then used auto filters to break down into specific catagories - some one is immediately gonna jump on me and say spreadsheets are for figureing and yes they are but also can be used for data and a combination of data and figures- I want something that would give me totals in subcatagories and this does what I want. hope this answers your question.. I can take the spread sheet and break it down by any combination of the following.. Quantity, Category (see notes), Company, Catalog Number, Description, Color Scheme, (See Notes), Road Name Road Number, Kadee Couplers (marked with x), Condition, Photo, Kit /Built (k=kit/b=built), Appraised Value, Original Box (marked with x), Total Value,

Just a wild example with three or four click of mouse, can isolate inventory to freight cars with road name of say SP and those cars that are Brown and have Kadee Couplers-

Reply to
Cookie

"Jim McLaughlin"

Never seen mine that.