Scale buildings

Hi to all and Merry Christmas, What I'm looking for is a good recommendation for a book with plans and ideas for constructing scale buildings from scratch. Not to beat my own drum, but I am a moderatly accomplished woodworker and have just recently got into the thrill of railroading. Thanks for the advice in advance, Don

Reply to
d&l deery

Don wrote: Hi to all and Merry Christmas, What I'm looking for is a good recommendation for a book with plans and ideas for constructing scale buildings from scratch. Not to beat my own drum, but I am a moderatly accomplished woodworker and have just recently got into the thrill of railroading. Thanks for the advice in advance,

----------------------------------------------------- These are popular books published by Model Railroader (Kalmbach):

"Basic Structure Modeling" by Jeff Wilson:

"222 Tips for Building Model Ralroad Structures" by Dave Frary:

Good luck with your railroad! I hope you derive as much pleasure from model railroading as I have over the years.

History of N Scale:
Railroad Bookstore:
to 1,100 sites:

Bill

I would recommend using past articles in model railroad magazines. You can use the following web address to get to a search engine that searches all past articles in model railroad magazines from the 1930's to the present.

This search engine is provided by Model Railroader magazine and lists tens of thousands of articles. When you find something you are interested in, you can find back issues of almost all magazines on Ebay at usually very reasonable prices.

Hope this helps,

Jim

jmattoon