Soundproof glue?

I remember a while back, we were talking about soundproofing ballasted track, and someone said that a certain type of glue promoted soundproofing ballasted track. I can't remember what kind of glue it was, and I'm hoping someone here can let me know - I have a section of repaired track that I'm experimenting on - trying for super-quiet. I started with Woodland Scenics black foam roadbed, and now I want to try the special ballasting glue...

Frank Eva

Frank Eva

"Frank Eva" wrote in message news:AsFec.84905$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com... : I remember a while back, we were talking about soundproofing ballasted : track, and someone said that a certain type of glue promoted soundproofing : ballasted track. I can't remember what kind of glue it was, and I'm hoping : someone here can let me know - I have a section of repaired track that I'm : experimenting on - trying for super-quiet. I started with Woodland Scenics : black foam roadbed, and now I want to try the special ballasting glue... : : Frank Eva :

: Frank, IIRC, the glue mentioned as a sound reducer was acrylic matte medium diluted 50% . See

KTØT

Could it be Resibond, from Champ Decals?

It's good stuff but not many hobby shops carry it. You might have to special-order it or even get it direct from Champ.

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

Thanks for the link! I'm going to give this a try!

Reply to
Frank Eva

Could be! It sure sounds like a good product to try - the spray is apparently already diluted; so, you could save one step - and I always like saving steps! Thanks!

Reply to
Frank Eva