Woodland Scenic Cement question

I've never seen or used the stuff. What is it? A type of PVC (white glue)?
Thanks for info.
wolf k.

Wolf K wrote:

Yup, a pva type. Purportedly a lower viscosity and higher price than Elmer's, etc.
fl@liner

I just use a 50-50 Elmers + water w/ a 'drop' of dish soap. Seems to work just fine. I bought a gallon of Elmer's at the local Michael's, rather than be nickled & dimed with the little bottles. I reuse the little bottles.

--
Robert Heller -- 978-544-6933
On 2/18/2009 4:51 AM Robert Heller spake thus:

Hint: Forget brand-name Elmers. Buy the white glue bottles at the local dollah store ($1 each, natch). Same stuff but cheaper.
--
Personally, I like Vista, but I probably won't use it. I like it

My experience has been brand-name Elmer's usually goes on sale for a quarter a bottle sometime around the school year.
I've also found that not all white glues are the same, and can leave a hazed surface even when they say "dries clear". This was the Rose Art brand that did that.
YMMV, mine did. :-)
Puckdropper
--
On Usenet, no one can hear you laugh. That's a good thing, though, as
some writers are incorrigible.

A *gallon* of Elmer's is still cheaper than the *little* white glue bottles, even at a $1 each. They are what, 8oz each? A gallon is 128oz, 128/8 = 16. I don't think I paid $16 for that gallon jug of Elmer's. Nope a Google search yields:
# Shopping results for Elmer's Glue gallon Elmers Glue Gallon Size    $9.99 - yhst-13409641003781 ... E395 Elmer's Gallon Plastic Jug All Purpose ...    $11.99 - Ideal True Value ... Elmers E340 Elmers Washable School Glue 1 Gallon    $7.50 - plexsupply.net #
And it looks like I bought that gallon at Staples, not Michael's, where the current price is: $15.79, still (barely) cheaper than 16 8oz bottles at $1 each at the dollar store.

--
Robert Heller -- 978-544-6933
On 2/18/2009 11:30 AM Robert Heller spake thus:

Looks like the gallon might be cheaper after all.

I get 16 oz. bottles at the dollah store for a buck, but it'd still be cheaper to get the gallon bottle.
--
Personally, I like Vista, but I probably won't use it. I like it
On 2/17/2009 11:33 PM fl@liner spake thus:

Sounds like white glue + water would do the same job cheaper.
--
Personally, I like Vista, but I probably won't use it. I like it