Aeromotor photos & drawings

I wonder if anyone has any photos or drawings of the unusual American engine "The Aeromotor". It is an unusual engine in that it is designed to be an eight stroke engine, the piston coming to TDC four times instead of twice in each cycle.

I've been given a very good write up of its Little Ways, but cannot find any pics - Google is not my friend this time!

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
kimsiddorn

Here you go:

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

I have pictures of one local to me, I will look at the weekend for you.

Reply to
campingstoveman

Kim, a couple of sites.

Reply to
campingstoveman

Your are spelling it wrong, thats why you get no hits. Aermotor made the 8-cycle at a time when there was a variety of air-cooled designs. about 1905 to the 1920s Many videos found by google, for example

?v=Hb1M3rFr2J0 The company still exists, now located in Texas
Story of Aermotor Windmill Corporation, Chicago, Illinois by Ken Brock in the Novermber 1989 GEM About 3 pages, mostly company history, founder, etc. The Chicago factory closed in 1958 and moved to Oklahoma. Nice color photo of a fluted hopper on cover of Sept 1987 Gas Engine Magazine. The fluted hopper engine was a general purpose engine, where the

8cycle was designed as a pump engine, incorporating large open reduction gears.
Reply to
bw

Thanks to all that replied - I knew you'd know! ;o))

Regards,

Kim

Reply to
kimsiddorn