Parsons for sale

Many here will recall that I reluctantly parted with the Parsons engine I brought from Glasgow a couple of years ago. The new owner has done a lot of work on it & the tiny pic in SEM does it no justice.

He has more or less finished it now, but no longer being in the first flush of youth is finding hand cranking the bloody great thing rather more than he can manage - really, it needs an electric wrist.;o))

You may have seen it for sale in SEM under Marine Engines. I just wish I was better placed with space, as I'd have it back like a shot, a big, impressive lump full of interesting twiddly bits that has barely seen any real service & is like new inside.

Anyway, I went up and took some photos yesterday to keep up to date with its progress. You can see them here - first five pics.

If you don't take SEM & are interested in the engine, contact me off list & I'll let you have Roger's number.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Diplomacy done, plates spun, fires fought, maidens eaten - well, three out of four ain't bad

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

I did wonder if it was 'yours' when I saw the ad - not too many around! Oh, and I feel we all need to distance ourselves from your scurrilous article in the same issue - I'm sure none of *our* collections are subject to that sort of hidden growth ;-)

Reply to
Nick H

You can scurry with the rest of us, Highfield, Helen has your card well & truly marked, rest assured ;o))

Regards,

Kim

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

KS> You can scurry with the rest of us, Highfield, Helen has your card KS> well & truly marked, rest assured ;o))

KS> Regards,

KS> Kim

Bang to rights then ;-)

nickh=== Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader 2.2.0.8

Reply to
nickh