Delco-Light

Kim's lucky aquisition reminded me that I had recently discovered my
Delco-Light 7B12
was
apparently originally intended to charge batteries in a WWII mobile
workshop. The vertical pipe which I had assumed was some latter day
addition, is in fact correct and should house a dip stick (rather than a
plastic bottle stopper!).
Never quite sure why I aquired this less than inspiring unit and it has been
on my mental transfer list for some time, perhaps I'll feel a little more
positively disposed towards it now I know a small part of its history.
Reply to
Nick H
The letter in SEM 306, replying to an ID & ASST item in 302, (shame it took someone who had read my appeal for info on 'Sparks n Arcs' to point me at a letter in a magazine to which I subscribe!) reads:-
"I purchased it from a person who had bought a number of WW2 mobile workshops. These were mounted on 1942 Chev 3 4x4 (?) chassis....... The Delcolite (sic) was mounted in a box with slide-out rails behind the driver"
Any military vehicle enthusiasts out there who recognise the type - or are perhaps even rebuilding one and wish to relieve me of the Delco-Light for a suitably vast sum of money ;-)
Reply to
Nick H
Looks similar to my Tiny Tim Ian.
Reply to
Ian
Tiny Tim? I've got a couple of them & they look quite different.
I've only got a crap picture but you can see it at
Regards,
Kim Siddorn
Diplomacy done, plates spun, fires fought, maidens eaten - well, three out of four ain't bad
Reply to
Kim Siddorn
"Ian" wrote
Don't know what Tiny Tim chucks out, but Delco 7B12 is a 750w 12v unit.
Reply to
Nick H