Delco light light plant

Hello all, are any of you familiar with Delco Light power units. I am researching an air cooled 32vdc unit with service# 4001 and model# 8EAB3. It has some bits missing and is stuck. There is what appears to be a heat riser cast integral to the crankcase. Intake air preheat for cold weather use? I am assuming that it is military. I went to Ridgeway park here in Red Bluff, CA. this evening to watch the setup for an engine show being sponsored by our local chapter of the antique engine association. One of the guys had this in the back of his truck and didn't know anything about it. Any help would be appreciated. I will be at the show tomorrow for the main show day. Along with the engines there are many old tractors. They have a progressive weight sled set up for vintage tractor pulls. It should be a blast. I will post any pics I take on my webshots.

Reply to
Scott McAfee