Electric Sailplanes

I built a Sig Riser and powered it with a Norvel Big Mig mounted on a pod. Although the aircraft reaches a good height under power, the glide is poor due I suspect to the drag of the pod and engine hanging out in the air. Could someone recommend a similar electric sailplane-preferably an ARF. Many years ago, I built a Goldberg GentleLady("T" tail) powered with a Cox .049 on an identical pod but it flew much better. The Cox was a lighter engine. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I primarily fly conventional sport planes but the sailplane is a nice change of pace for the weak of mind, heart and eyesight. I have never before flown electric.

Reply to
strathboy

There are a lot of nice arfs with electrics in them with folding props. They fly much better than the pod setup. Check with rc-dymond.com and

jeboba

Check out the E-Flight Ascent from Horizon Hobbies. 400 speed motor, folding prop, 3ch, 54" wing span.

Mike

Reply to
Mike R.