Lucky gloat

Went to Vegas over the weekend. Picked up a rescue dog at the shelter.

Came out to get in the truck, and heard a hiss. Well, my wife did, I'm practically deef. 1/4" bolt sticking out of 12 o'clock high on the tire, right in the middle.

Drove two blocks to a yellow and turquoise colored Llantas Reparado shop and had it fixed in 15 minutes for $10. 6:50 Saturday afternoon. Drove five or six miles through dense city to get to Interstate, and didn't pass another open tire store.

If my wife hadn't noticed that, it would have gone out on the Interstate.

Someone is looking over me. Or I'm lucky. Naw, if I was lucky, I'd win the lottery.

Steve

book coming soon

Steve B

What kind of dog?

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate The more you present a leftist with factual evidence that is counter to his preconceived world view and the more difficult it becomes for him to refute it without losing face the chance of him calling you a racist, bigot, homophobe approaches infinity.

This is despite the thread you are in having not mentioned race or sexual preference in any way that is relevant to the subject." Grey Ghost

Reply to
Gunner Asch

1977, I was on a bicycle in Hiroshima. On a lark we decided to borrow bicycles and ride from Iwakuni to Hiroshima. I get a flat with out a repair kit 30+ miles from home in a foreign land. Strange thing was there was a guy near by that made a living fixing bicycles. Reasonably priced!.

Of course we did this trip to save money on one of the hottest days in Japan's history. The money I spent on juice at road side stands to stay hydrated would have more than paid for a ride on the train. I couldn't pass a water fountain for days after that trip.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

Poodle terrier mix. Last one, too, almost a sister. One before that, a Lab/Rott mix, absolutely the best dog I EVER had. Had her seven years. A pussycat in a bear costume. Put her away six months ago suffering from cancer ............................ shrug ................. cry ...............

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

I have had many an experience in my life where the actual event worked out ten times better than anything I could have planned. And with ABSOLUTELY no drama. Just like riding down a stream in an inner tube. You can frantically paddle, or just sit back and take pictures.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Good man.

Ive got one that is about 12, thats getting weak in the hips. The last female of the old rescue dogs. Im hoping she will recover, as I really dont want to put a bullet in her skull. Ive got her on some meds, so its 50/50

Tough to take good care of them, when money is so tight.

Shrug

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate The more you present a leftist with factual evidence that is counter to his preconceived world view and the more difficult it becomes for him to refute it without losing face the chance of him calling you a racist, bigot, homophobe approaches infinity.

This is despite the thread you are in having not mentioned race or sexual preference in any way that is relevant to the subject." Grey Ghost

Reply to
Gunner Asch

"Gunner Asch" wrote >>

A before and after

Steve

visit my blog at

watch for the book

Steve B

"Gunner Asch" wrote > What kind of dog?

The best damned dog I ever had. Liberty. RIP.

Steve

Steve B

I know. What helped me was Marly and Me. In there, it's a goofy movie, but the point is, the dog will tell you when it's time. Mine did. It was time. Until then, we just paid to make her comfortable. Such a dog.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Same dog???????

No way!

Really????

Good looking dog. Is that the new one or the one that passed?

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate The more you present a leftist with factual evidence that is counter to his preconceived world view and the more difficult it becomes for him to refute it without losing face the chance of him calling you a racist, bigot, homophobe approaches infinity.

This is despite the thread you are in having not mentioned race or sexual preference in any way that is relevant to the subject." Grey Ghost

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Ah! Indeed.

Good looking dog, and he was in love with everybody from the looks of his eyes. Loving the cuddling.

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate The more you present a leftist with factual evidence that is counter to his preconceived world view and the more difficult it becomes for him to refute it without losing face the chance of him calling you a racist, bigot, homophobe approaches infinity.

This is despite the thread you are in having not mentioned race or sexual preference in any way that is relevant to the subject." Grey Ghost

Reply to
Gunner Asch

It's the new(est) one. The one that passed was the Rott/Lab mix on the big pillow with my daughter and grandson. Three now. I feel like leader of the pack the way they follow me around. Have to watch every step. Act responsibly. All that stuff ...........

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Since I lived through it w/o lasting effects, I'd never trade off the experience. A man has to have a few true stories to tell. ;)

Wes

Wes