Alan's engine's lucky escape!

Hi all,

A friend I have not seen for years lived on a farm in Devon (between Honiton and Netherton)

When he first took over the farm, there was a Lister Start'o'matic type installation there. The first winter he followed the manuals instruction to drain the water in frosty weather, but for got to disconnect the electrics.

A few days later he returned from shopping to be told by his wife that the power had failed, but the engine had cut in ok. The luck part was that the power had resumed after about half a minute, so the engine survived ok. had it been much longer, the engine would have got extremely upset.

He actually had two engines and (I think) one generator. I wonder if Alan is still living there and whether or not the engines still remain!

Morel of tale: electricity (generation) and (lack of) water do not mix.

Simon Taylor

Reply to
Simon Taylor