Bit OT - engine plate on e-bay

Now we know why the bastards swipe them off old engines! I have it on watch ..........

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
kimsiddorn

Hi Kim, that reminds me of a Dorman 1AB I bought from a farm in the next town. (Not named to protect the guilty). It had no plate on it just one corner still remaining. After taking it to the first show I attended our engine club meeting a week later. One of the members gave me the plate with the same corner missing. He admitted that as a child he used to live a 1/4 of a mile from the farm & had pinched the plates off all the engines in the barn.

Reply to
Dave Croft

That seller has been releasing quite a few odds and sods recently.

Peter

-- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@prepair.co.uk

Peter A Forbes