ebay/Norton funny (OT)

Logged in to ebay at work today and got repeated warnings from Norton Re. having blocked an "HTTP Acrobat PDF supicious file download" attack. This blockage seemed to result in various ebay pages displaying with errors and some not working properly at all (eg. couldn't leave feedback). I disabled the block via the Norton control panel and normality was restored. But 1)Why did this suddenly happen? and 2)Is the machine now vulnerable to a genuinly malicious file of this type?

NHH

Reply to
Nick H

Ditto - same happening with me.

Terry

Reply to
Terry

Ebay seems to have gone down now

Terry

Reply to
Terry

Seems ok at home where I am not afflicted with Norton!

NHH

Terry wrote:

Reply to
NHH

Fair comment! I'm allergic to both Norton and McAffee, I come out in a rash if I come anywhere near a PC with either installed!

Reply to
g6zru

"NHH" wrote

Ebay seems OK today

Reply to
Terry

"g6zru" wrote

Ah - a virus that can jump from PCs to humans.

Reply to
Terry

Just seems to take ages for pages to load up causing frustration :-(. My PC is a bit old and slow nowadays, but doesn't seem to have the same problem with other sites...

Julian.

Reply to
Julian