Mates Warnings

I am using SW2005 SP0.1 and have an assembly with about 100 parts in it. I was adding 4 new components, and when I was adding the mates, other entities began to have warnings on their mates. Has anybody ever seen this, or know how to fix it without deleting the mates and redefining them?

Reply to
YouGoFirst

Read the post just below called 'Mates is still pants'

Reply to
BEN EADIE

If your assembly did not fall to pieces, then the most likely cause, is that it is taking solidworks some time to register that you added a new mate. Add a couple more mates, then the assembly goes ape shit.

If you only getting one red circle warning, with a few yellow triangles, then you may have a circular reference. This normally starts to happen after you start adding mates to the third part or sub-assembly, if you haven't really thought about the type of mates, that you are applying.

The easiest way to see this, is to start an assembly with part 1, this is normally fixed. fully constrain part 2 to part 1, fully constrain part 3 to part 2, then try to constrain part 3 to part 1, you will get errors.

If this is not your problem, then join the "mate errors are pants" club! :-) See my posting below.

Reply to
pete