List of Definition States?

Question of the Day #2:

I have a large assembly (900 parts) that someone else mostly put together but I have to edit. In the course of the editting, at various points stuff has flipped out and said it was overdefined. Deleting one of the thousands of mates solved the problem. Right now, the assembly is under defined, and I'd like to see a list of which components are fully defined and which are under defined so I can solve this mating problem once and for all and get all of the degrees of freedom out. Trying to move 900 seperate parts seems like a losing strategy.

Also, the large assembly is broken into about 30 subassemblies, so knowing which subs have under defined components will be good enough so I can go in and fix them.

Thanks,

Kevin

Reply to
lipkink

If the subassys are set to "rigid" (as opposed to "flexible"), then they will be treated as single entities when their mates are solved. If anything within the sub-assy has flipped, then open the relevant subassy up and fix it there.

W.r.t. seeing which components are fully constrained, the Feature Manager tree shows the following symbol (-) next to any partially constrained components.

As far as mates flipping or assemblies becoming over-constrained are concerned, that seems to be a horrible weakness of SWX.

John H

Reply to
John H