auction results

I went to an auction yesterday here in Oz. Some nice engines for reasonable prices. Here is a list of some of the stuff sold and prices achieved (in Australian dollars).

Lister R portable restored $2000 Lister L portable restored $1650 Lister B restored $300 Ruston Hornsby IVTH running with 240v generator $750 Lister Junior running $450 Lister B single flywheel restored $400 R-T NHA complete $50 Cooper XC shearing plant complete on transport $450 R-T N 2hp with 32v gen. on transport $350 Lister B running $300 Lister D 2hp running $225 Cooper XD 4hp coupled to 1.5" pump running $100 Moffat-Virtue CF $225 Lister L 5hp $80 Lister L 6.5hp $140 Lister L 6hp $80 Lister CS $140 Wolsley R 4hp complete $260 Crossley 1030 incomplete on transport $90 Southern Cross air-cooled diesel $90 IHC M 1.5hp M complete $260 Buzacott 3hp vertical complete $40 Fuller & Johnson 6hp N-Kero incomplete (nothing major missing) $600 Lister CS 9hp $60 Crossley VOE1 11hp two-stroke $280 Lister D $80 Lister G with fogging machine complete $50 Lister B $50

-- Patrick M Livingstone Leichhardt NSW

Patrick M Livingstone

Plenty of Listers there.

Looks like Lister had their marketing sussed in Oz!

What did you buy, Patrick?

Reply to
Arthur Griffin

I was being strong Arthur (and trying to save my money for some other engine purchases) and only came home with the remains of a 1.5hp Frost King Jr. and the base, head, bearings and crankshaft for a 6hp Fuller & Johnson. Lister had a very, very strong dealer in Sydney (Dangar-Geyde) who sold a massive number of Listers. I grew up down in the wheat/sheep belt and there would be very few shearing sheds that did not have a Lister doing something, and always with a Dangar-Geyde plate affixed to the engine.