Douglas autotruck

- and now for something completely different ............
Someone I have not heard from in ten years (it pays to keep your phone
number) has just bought a Douglas autotruck. He uses the term loosely
because of its similarity in task orientation to the Lister Autotruck.
Perhaps not intended for outdoor work, it is a narrow aisle vehicle with a
footprint of not more than three feet. One sits upon the engine cowling with
ones feet astride the front wheel.
The big SV air-cooled transverse fin engine is seized, but he (a marine
engineer of many years experience) does not think it's terminal.
And that's about as much as either he or I know and he will not have it at
his place until next week. Any details of this curious beast would be
welcome ;o))
Regards,
Kim Siddorn
Reply to
J K Siddorn
ISTR that some time ago this group managed to ID an engine as belonging to one of these pallet trucks and that there was some info in SEM.
Reply to
Nick Highfield