any tips on removing oil from concrete??

changing the oil filer today on my mam's vauxhall corsa and some oil dripped on to the new concrete drive way (oops!~)

any ideas on how to get it off ?

thanks lads , john

Reply to
john dungan

Various methods, but if it has had time to soak in then you'll need a solvent cleaner of some type to get it out again.

Gunk tends to spread it around a bit, and Petrol tends to do the same thing.

Halfords used to do a product called Concrete Cleaner, might be worth a trip down to your local branch to see what they have. Or go along to a hydraulic hose shop and get a bucket of the ash granules that will eventually soak most of it up if you grind it into the surface well and repeat the treatment a few times.

Peter A Forbes

Cat litter is good for soaking oil from concrete. regards

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

Gentlemen,

My method is to get a good de-greaser and pore onto oil leave to soak and then with stiff yard broom give it a good scrub, I then finish off with the pressure washer.

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Reply to