What do Lister engines sell for?

Hello group,

What would be a good price to list an LT1 engine for? I don't really know where to start price wise, as I have no idea what these engines sell for, so any help would be great.

Thanks!

Aaron

Reply to
bkbskb06

It depends on the condition of the engine and what other features, if any, it has. It is not a collectable engine as such.

If it is a fully running engine in good condition, you could try £40 - £50 as a starter, but small air-cooled diesels don't sell that well unless someone needs a replacement engine.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

We had a very similar discussion last week at our model engineering club night, very standard LD1, complete, running when stopped 15 years ago plus, etc. and after a trawl through a load of old SE magazines decided the same, =A350.

Ken

Reply to
Kenneth_John_Russell

About eight years ago I came across a plant dealer on the outskits of Leeds who was collecting Lister LDs, LRs,SLs, and SRs for export to Indonesia. He was giving =A3100 per pot/engine as long as it ran. His yard was about thirty by forty yards, with singles, twins, and a few triples heaped up everywhere. An awesome yet sad sight! He was rebuilding engines using parts from damaged engines. He was hoping to fill a second container before the shipping date. There were two skips full of all sorts of discarded pumps, generators, pullies, gears, and a cut-up autotrucks. I sold him one LD and exchanged a cobbled together, but running, LR for a seized engined Lister LR2 powered autotruck. Similarly, about four years ago, a Teesside dealer was offering =A3115. Again, he only wanted the older LD and LR models.

Regards, Dave Carter.

Reply to
D.J.Carter