paint matching for Corgi Astomn Martin DB5

Hi. I'd like to repaint an old Corgi 261 Aston Martin DB5 that I picked up for my son. It is the gold colored one. Would any one know where to get the best
matching paint for this? Also, is it a good idea to thin the paint quite a bit so that the car body features are retained. It seems that the paint used by plastic modellers is quite thick. Also, I don't have an airbrush. What wuld be the best way of spraying it on. Thanks very much for your help.