eBay madness.

This is insane. The thing's only worth $20. It isn't any of you guys pushing it up, is it??

Regards RobG (the Aussie one)

Yes, I'm back.

Reply to
Your name

Ummmm, ~what~ thing?

Reply to
The Old Man

The Old Man wrote in news:1193187422.292990.152110 @v23g2000prn.googlegroups.com:

Oops, After I posted, I realised I hadn't finished the text (getting old). I thought I'd managed to delete the post before anyone saw it, and then didn't worry about it. Ah well. It was the Monogram re-pop of Aurora's Flying Sub, from 'Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea'. It ended up selling for $62US, which is just crazy...

But not as crazy as the $325USD mint-in-a-sealed-box 1966 Aurora Flying Sub I just found.

Or a camera I'm watching - it's at nearly $600, and they're only $700 new . As the man said, 'There's one born every minute'.

RobG

Reply to
RobG

Shut the f*ck up!!! I sold several Flying subs on Ebay and they all went for over $60 each.

Reply to
Spencer

Easy Spenser, that's no way to talk. You made your profit and if someone else thinks that the price was high, that's his business. He didn't get on-line and tell people not to bid, did he? Personally, I don't think much of those high prices either, but that's mostly because I can't afford them anymore.... Congratulations on your sales, I hope they continue.

Reply to
The Old Man

"Spencer" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

And here was I hoping I'd never need to use it.

RobG

Reply to
RobG

innews: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

as well

Reply to
The Old Man

innews: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

Yeah, it's ol' stinky Dennis again. Don't bother to open his latest lies about IPMS under the "IPMSUSA Madness" heading. Or his "Up for 39 hours" nonsense.

Too much glue sniffing, paint huffing and modeling piles of himself. Long gone off the deep end. He was missed at the nats. They were so screwed up he may have provided a bit of comedy relief, or at least another site to heap on the scorn and ridicule to take the heat off of the convention people.

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

RobG wrote: : : But not as crazy as the $325USD mint-in-a-sealed-box 1966 Aurora Flying Sub : I just found. : : Or a camera I'm watching - it's at nearly $600, and they're only $700 new . : As the man said, 'There's one born every minute'. : Some idiot bought a 1/35 MAN 8x8 amphibious lorry for $1300.00. They cost a whopping 139.00 Euro. Now, I know the dollar is tanking against pretty much any currency you want to name, but it is not that bad (yet).

The same seller tried again, at a more "reasonable" price of $999.00 this week. No takers. Talking about a hedge against furthur doller devaluations...

And, actually, I think ole PT is out of touch - what with the increase in population worldwide, I figure there is probably two of them born every minute!

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden