Paint filling for engraving on ABS plastic?

Which paint(s) can be used to fill engraved ABS plastic keys? The paint should withstand frequent touching by fingers.
Thanks!

Use acrylic paints. Martin
Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net TSRA, Endowed; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal. NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member. http://lufkinced.com /
Usenet User wrote:

Isn't it too fragile?
Thanks!
On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 21:32:35 -0600, "Martin H. Eastburn"

You can use a clear coat coating that hardens nicely.
My wife painted the leo flooring in the kitchen, over coated it with clear coat and after two days we could walk on it. Then for years it stood up and was washed.
She used two layers.
Martin Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net TSRA, Endowed; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal. NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member. http://lufkinced.com /
Usenet User wrote:

On Thu, 06 Mar 2008 22:24:18 -0600, with neither quill nor qualm,

Leo flooring? Two layers of law enforcement officers? That's gotta hurt.
-- The best and safest thing is to keep a balance in your life, acknowledge the great powers around us and in us. If you can do that, and live that way, you are really a wise man. -- Euripides
Larry Jaques wrote:

That depends on how many donuts they've had! ;-)
prove it.
I was planning to avoid clear coat, if possible. But thanks anyway!
On Thu, 06 Mar 2008 22:24:18 -0600, "Martin H. Eastburn"

A better stationary store will sell paint sticks. These are solid paint that you rub into the engraved area and then wipe the surface clean.
See : http://www.durablesupply.com/saksolpainst.html as an example.
--
Roger Shoaf
On Mon, 3 Mar 2008 22:04:35 -0800, "Roger Shoaf"

The paint can be wiped off, but will it stay in the groovies? Does it harden after some time?
Thanks!

Yes it hardens just like regular paint. I am a locksmith and I use it regularly on old safe dials so it is easier to see the numbers.
I have also used it on machine tool dials with good results.
The trick is that when you rub it in to the lines you get a good thick layer of paint imbedded. A little does wipe off when you wipe the high spots but if you wrap the rag firmly around your finger and wipe across the lines with a light touch plenty stays inside.
--
Roger Shoaf
On Thu, 6 Mar 2008 22:12:43 -0800, "Roger Shoaf"

Sounds great :) I am familiar with Sakura products, but I didn't know they make these. Thank you, Roger!
Roger Shoaf wrote:

How fast does it dry? Bob

Site Timeline