Paint filling for engraving on ABS plastic?

Which paint(s) can be used to fill engraved ABS plastic keys? The paint should withstand frequent touching by fingers.

Thanks!

Reply to
Usenet User

Use acrylic paints. Martin

Mart> Which paint(s) can be used to fill engraved ABS plastic keys? The

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

A better stationary store will sell paint sticks. These are solid paint that you rub into the engraved area and then wipe the surface clean.

See :

as an example.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

The paint can be wiped off, but will it stay in the groovies? Does it harden after some time?

Thanks!

Reply to
Usenet User

Isn't it too fragile?

Thanks!

Reply to
Usenet User

You can use a clear coat coating that hardens nicely.

My wife painted the leo flooring in the kitchen, over coated it with clear coat and after two days we could walk on it. Then for years it stood up and was washed.

She used two layers.

Mart> Isn't it too fragile?

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Yes it hardens just like regular paint. I am a locksmith and I use it regularly on old safe dials so it is easier to see the numbers.

I have also used it on machine tool dials with good results.

The trick is that when you rub it in to the lines you get a good thick layer of paint imbedded. A little does wipe off when you wipe the high spots but if you wrap the rag firmly around your finger and wipe across the lines with a light touch plenty stays inside.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

On Thu, 06 Mar 2008 22:24:18 -0600, with neither quill nor qualm, "Martin H. Eastburn" quickly quoth:

Leo flooring? Two layers of law enforcement officers? That's gotta hurt.

-- The best and safest thing is to keep a balance in your life, acknowledge the great powers around us and in us. If you can do that, and live that way, you are really a wise man. -- Euripides

Reply to
Larry Jaques

How fast does it dry? Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

Sounds great :) I am familiar with Sakura products, but I didn't know they make these. Thank you, Roger!

Reply to
Usenet User

Reply to
Usenet User

That depends on how many donuts they've had! ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell