Automotive spray OK on plastic?

As subject. I'm wonder if those Canadian Tire Automotive spray paint
can be used on plastic surface. I heard that a primer should be used.
And there may be possibility that the auto paint could 'eat' into the
plastic.
What I want to do is to repaint my electronic keyboard, which is
already in red color with plastic surface. I wonder if I can skip the
primer coz there's already paint there. The Canadian Tire solution is
cheaper and got more choices.... Or shall I just go back to use those
Tamiya model paint which is specifically for plastic? In that case do
I still need primer? Also, is clear coat something common to be
applied on plastic? Is it needed? I want to paint it with a shiny
finish with the metallic paint I use beneath.
Thanks!!!
Ernest
Reply to
Ernest Siu