Automotive spray OK on plastic?

As subject. I'm wonder if those Canadian Tire Automotive spray paint can be used on plastic surface. I heard that a primer should be used. And there may be possibility that the auto paint could 'eat' into the plastic.

What I want to do is to repaint my electronic keyboard, which is already in red color with plastic surface. I wonder if I can skip the primer coz there's already paint there. The Canadian Tire solution is cheaper and got more choices.... Or shall I just go back to use those Tamiya model paint which is specifically for plastic? In that case do I still need primer? Also, is clear coat something common to be applied on plastic? Is it needed? I want to paint it with a shiny finish with the metallic paint I use beneath.

Thanks!!! Ernest

Reply to
Ernest Siu