Re: 53,000th Landing on the USS Coral Sea

ummmmm, I don't know how to say this mate, but ahhh... exactly why did you

>share this gem with us? :-)

Why not? OT 'gems' less worthy of our collective attention have been shared here recently.

Good call, Bill.

indicates VF-81 was flying F9F-5s on that cruise. I have another Monogram Panther in the paint locker, so here's hoping some bright spark on RMS will have 'the dope' on what this mustang with the right stuff was flying on that momentous occasion.

On a tenuously related rote, TG4, an Irish language TV station 'over here,' showed 'Men of the Fighting Lady' again yesterday afternoon. For some reason, they seem to show it about every quarter. I took a long lunch and watched it.

Scott G. Welch

Reply to
OSWELCH

And that's why I posted that here. It's aircraft related, many of us build aircraft and I get to mention my home town. :) If I remember, there's a car-related gem for Friday.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Guys, You will notice the smiley after the text. Thanks Bill.

RobG (the Aussie > >

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

Ummmmm, I don't know how to say this mate, but ahhh... exactly why did you put a smiley after asking Bill why he shared this gem with us?

:-)

Keen insights about the 4th of July from the land of Oz come to mind here.

:-)

Have a nice day.

:-)

Scott G. Welch Don't tread on me.