English Electrics on the move

Nipping up the M1 yesterday morning I passed a couple of low-loaders, each bearing what appeared to be a V-8 or V-16, or maybe a Deltic, engine. The only thing I'm sure of was the English Electric plate on the bedplate. Alas, I had not enough time to slow down and take a more leisurely look.

Anybody else spot them? They were passing Luton at about 9:30

John

Reply to
John Nice

Sorry, should have read V-12