KLG Plug Temperatures.

Can anyone relate the old KLG brown (mica?) towered plugs with brass terminals, types G1, H1 & K1, to any other plugs of equivalent temperature ranges?

Also, any idea as to when they were produced?

Thanks in advance, Dave Carter.

Reply to
D.J.Carter

Champion No.7? Mid to late 20s ?

Reply to
Oily

Still listed in the 1956 UK Champion catalogue...

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Warsop used them in their rock drills, still being supplied in the 1960's. Ceramic insulators wouldn't last five minutes in the engines.

Can't find a heat range reference for them.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Thank you, Oily and Peter.

All I have to go on is the shape and positions of the insulation and electrodes. The three electrodes on the K1 are very similar to a Lodge C3 I have been using, and that is a hot plug. So I presume the others are relatively cooler.

Regards, Dave Carter.

Reply to
D.J.Carter