Bamford EG2 Radiator Cooled

A few months ago I purchased what I believe to be the remains of a somewhat unsual radiator cooled Bamford EG2. When I bought it the engine was a basically a shell, all the external components such as mag, tank, silencer, carb, chain gaurd etc had been removed. However thanks to Dan Howden I have pretty much everything I need other than the actual radiator and cowling, to have a go at restoring it (as a result I also have a number of spares for the small Bamford EV's. If anybody needs anything, e-mail me off group)

At some point however it appears to have had a replacement cylinder head (the current head is a different colour to the rest of the engine) and to have been converted to hopper cooling. Pictures of the engine can be found at

After asking Phil Wood (Bamford Helpline) for info he sent me the following diagram showing the radiotor and cowling arrangements.
Does anybody know of another radiotor cooled one, or anywhere I may be able to gain some more information on this engine, or just know of anywhere I may be able to find a suitable radiator to fit.

Mike M

miley snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
miley_bob

Looks like you need a flywheel off a Petter A1, and a Rad off a mini (e.g. Ebay #280041590555), and a lot of patience to make a tin cover (though it does look suspiciously like a Coborn/Browett fan guard!)

Cheers

Dan

Reply to
Dan Howden