Lister DK help

dose anyone know how to date these things?

its Serial No: 1473 its Spec : DKH4 its HP : 1.5 its RPM : 800

Engine is clockwise rotation i believe although the carb and exhuast is set up for reverse? any ideas? also it only has that brass plaque, no others and no indications of any were ever present.

thanks, Martyn

PS: ive been informed it came off a compressor set, like i said any ideas?

Photos are avliable when i get the batteries back in my camera,

Reply to
Martyn Butler

Spec normally ends with an R for reverse-rotation. DK has vapouriser so carb and exhaust are swapped. Get a copy of SEM and write to David Edgington although at that date it may be after his records end. hth Roland

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

Strange - I always thought it was Z.............

DKH4 would (if I'm correct) indicate a 1954 build date, with the engine being the 1473th engine of that type built that year.

Brian L Dominic

Web Sites: Canals:

of the Cromford Canal:
Light Railway:

Brian Dominic me

I think the clue is in the spec number as this appears to be a later D.

Generallt the spec gave the date so I think this appears to be 1954.

A letter to David Edgington will confirm. Regards David

Reply to
David McC

cheers, thats helped.

do we know what magento this engine would have been released with, its missing,

dose anyone also know the pitch of the chain used.?

thanks, Martyn

PS, the petter W TVO engine is getting ready to be mounted on its Oak frame, not sure what to make the trolley design though as i need to incorporate the tank in the design.

Reply to
Martyn Butler