lousy weekend

Such a lousy weekend weatherwise in this part of the country rain and high winds. So I have uploaded a few more pics of the Stuart R2 and also a new album on the recent Vintage show at Westbay Dorset.

first 14 pics of Westbay are of the auction and the few remaining of the show.Unfortunately I ran out of battery ,forgot to charge it :-(. I enjoyed the show a good selection of exhibits altho the layout of the field was awkward. Mike.H.

Reply to
Mike.H.

My Saturday was a bit better. I finally got around to working on the siezed steering on the digger, mainly because I needed to use it. The steering wheel was tight on it's taper and wouldn't budge. Fortunately a puller worked and off it came. The steering collumn outer was siezed on the shaft but another puller moved that. The problem was the top bush was tight so needed a few thou removed from the bore. I dived into the workshop and out came an adjustable reamer. I love it when things go right. The bush now fits nicely on the shaft. Saturday evening was an 18th birthday party for a friend. So off I went being the young hip trendy dude that I am. Had a really good time but didn't manage to pull unfortunately. Sunday was wet so I watched Hamiton win the GP, chopped some firewood and did indoor stuff. Found a leak on the dishwasher but got the new hose today so that's this evening spoken for.

John

Reply to
John

Did absolutely sweet FA over the weekend, mainly played with some P4 PC base units that we picked up last week, and also had a go at installing Win98 on the little Libretto lappies instead of Win2kPro, which needs rather more resources that the Libretto has available. Gave up after a while and looked for a copy of WinME on ebay....

Down to Cardiff this early am, back at midday, got some chargers to repair, Nottingham/derby tomorrow and Onan collection, Carlisle and Dumfries on Wednesday, give the poor van a rest on Thursday....

Peter

-- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@prepair.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

In hindsight we had quite nice weather over the w/e, but spent it doing very little because we'd been warned of by the dire forecasts beforehand and the ground-soaking rain early on Sunday. Worse than a washout is a washout that needn't have happened.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

On Saturday the two Viking ship replicas we'd had out on hire to the film company arrived at our permanent site in Kent. It was a worthwhile experience & now I know I can get TWO sixty foot long artics into the burgh and still have room to work!

I had a fluey cold & felt like poo on Saturday, but woke up Sunday free of a temperature & quite bushy tailed. Three of us de-rigged the ships, securing the cordage inside the sails, tarping them down with the oars for storage.

I've just put some photos up on Webshots - a brief selection of the hundreds I've taken.

On the stationary engine front, our three year old Honda engined 2.5KVA genny stopped producing electrikery. It was running 500 watts of lamps - and then it wasn't, just like that. We tried changing the load but to no avail. Flashing a 12 volt battery is next, but I fear it has gone to the great genny home in the sky - not worth fixing these days, but the engine & frame would make a good home for our poor old pump which badly needs a dose of compression!

Reply to
Kim Siddorn