mag magneto

My mate has a problem with his hillside cutting pedestrian hay mower. I can't remember the name but it's Austrian and starts with a K :-).

The engine is a MAG 1029 srlx 296cc and after being in store for several years there's no spark. The HT lead to earth has a high resistance but there is continuity in the 5 kOhm region. Points are clean, what else can I tell him to check, he's 40km south of me.

AJH

Reply to
andrew heggie

The points may LOOK clean, but I bet you they have got an oxide jacket on! They need to be removed & faced with a fine oil stone or a bit of 1000 grit wet & dry on glass.

Bet you that's what it is & anyway, it's cheap to try it first!

regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

You would win that bet Kim, he took the points off and cleaned them and the machine is now running!

AJH

Reply to
andrew heggie