petter A1

Hi folks, can anybody help a new member please.I'm renovating a Petter A1 & need a fuel tank bracket & an air-filter unit. ( even a sketch with dims. of the bracket would do ) Many thanks Norman

Reply to
norfolknorman

Where are you NorfolkNorman? I'm Norwich Jerry and have a Petter you're welcome to come and look at/measure for bracket dimensions.

As for a filter unit, Ebay seems as good a source as any or there's the Enst> Hi folks, can anybody help a new member please.I'm renovating a Petter

Reply to
Jerry

Norman, Always bear in mind that not all A1s had an air filter as standard, most agricultural engines just sucked their air straight into the carb choke tube. Air filters were only fitted for 'extreme' dusty conditions.

Regards Dan

Reply to
Dan Howden

Regards Gary

Reply to
gary millward

Indeed. I have a Petter A fuel tank bracket. Free if you pick it up, or yours for the cost of postage and packaging.

I think it needs new bolts, but that shouldn't be a major problem. The Petter A could be fitted with two kinds of tank bracket. This one is the kind which accepts a fuel tank with the outlet on the underside, rather than on the end. It holds the tank higher up on the engine compared to the other kind of tank bracket. You might be able to use it to hold a tank with the outlet on the end, but I'm not certain. You'll need to check your engine and tank to see if the bracket is suitable.

Let me know if it is of interest. My e-mail address is cdt22 AT cantabgold DOT net.

Best wishes,

Chris Tidy

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

Reply to
Colin Jacobs

Maybe you could help me identify an engine with no serial plate, someone has replaced the tinwork, there are no signs that it ever had a plate rivited to it.

The engine is part of a lighting set. It looks like an A1, with 3 bolts holding the top tin to the flywheel guard and 4 head studs holding the tank bracket. The magneto is a Wico A1067BZ, serial E7198/3 which is too late for an A1. Is it perhaps an A1 series 2, and do you have any idea of a dating ?

Thanks, Chris.

remove the news and nospam to reply by email

Reply to
Chris Newport

Have a look at:

A1057BZ is a series II, is that number you quoted correct?

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Thanks. I will need to take another look at the plate on the magneto, it is quite possible that I have misread A1057BZ as A1067BX, I will have to clean it up more and confirm the number. The stamping was a little indistinct when I looked.

This is all very confusing, the engine definitely looks like an A1 not an A series 11.

Reply to
Chris Newport

It also fitted the W1 but that was water cooled.

Numbers stamped on plates cause more grief than you would believe!

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Hmmmm - looks like an inconsistency. This page tells me that A1057BZ belongs to A series II after engine

546919 but
me that serial range belongs to A series III or A1 series II 1948-1951.

So it looks like I may have an A1 Series II from somewhere around 1949 -

  1. OTOH it could be a bitza.

Thanks for your help.

Reply to
Chris Newport