petter 2 cylinder diesels

I am after some information, I'm hoping someone posting here can help. I have a gen set with an air cooled Petter, and I want to install it in a sailing boat thus it would be better if it was watercooled.

I can buy a petter AC2W marine diesel, mine is also labelled AC2 but is air cooled.

The Aircooled is running but the water cooled is missing things like starter and alternator.

I am wondering if the collective bits can produce a watercooled generator, the castings look very similar and I suspect the starter is common, as the generator runs at 3000 rpm and the watercooled's engine speed varies with power setting I am assuming I will need to change the fuel pump over and the injectors.

Has anyone attempted anything like this? maybe it's impossible if so advice as to why would be appreciated, in fact any observations would be welcome,

Thanks

Reply to
NM

I suggest that you repost this on the Canlworld.net forum. Don't mention sailing. just let then think its for an inland boat.

Reply to
Tony Brooks

look at how the accelerator affects the fuel injector pump. The injectors should be the same the problem with the watercooled is getting the speed just right

Reply to
vic the barge