Petter PH2

I am having to make space in my garage and so reluctantly offering for sale my home built generating set. It comprises of a Petter PH2 diesel engine coupled to a 7 Kva (240 - 120 volts AC switchable) alternator all mounted on a steel box section frame on wheels.

The engine was bought in terrible condition (ex dumper truck) and so was completely stripped and rebuilt with a rebore, new pistons, reconditioned injectors and pumps. A new oil pump and new bearings fitted. Governor gear was also fitted to run at 1500 rpm. This was all carried out almost 20 years ago however the engine has only run for about 4 hours since then. The engine is an easy starter. A Petter handbook goes with the set.

I am looking for £300 or near offer.

I also have for sale a water pump, double acting with the name 'Argosy' on the side and on the name plate 'F W Brackett'. £25 is the price .

Unfortunately I am unable to deliver so buyer must collect on both items. E-mail me off group for further info and pictures.

John (Cambridge area)

Reply to
J R Taylor