Petter A dates

Gentlemen I have been out spending some more of my kids inherittance
and came home with a nice little Petter A11 .
I was trying to find the date of manufacture for this lump here

But that list was so confusing I had to go and have a lie down so I
wondered if any of you guys could help
The engine plate says
Petter A11 engine number is 521804
Thank you.
I will not insult your intelligences by directing you to a picture
because I think you all will know what one looks like
Steve
Reply to
The wild eye
When you get up, I suggest looking at the line which reads A W Series II, this seems to include your serial number :-).
Petter A and W type are basically the same. one is (A)ir cooled, one is (W)ater cooled
Regards, Arthur G
Reply to
Arthur G
When you get up, I suggest looking at the line which reads A W Series II, this seems to include your serial number :-).
Petter A and W type are basically the same. one is (A)ir cooled, one is (W)ater cooled
Regards, Arthur G
Reply to
Arthur G
Have a look at the next page
you will find it about 2/3 down the page. Although that data came originally from Petters it was reverse engineered rather late in day and is, as the webpage says, not that accurate. The situation is further confused because Petters allocated the serial when the order was received and delivery can be anything up to 2 (or rarely even more) years later. Sadly the detailed sales records for post WW2 engines are not in the public domain. I think Lister-Petter had them but Lord knows where they are now!? ttfn Roland
Reply to
Roland Craven
Thanks guys I thought it was 45-47 But it just looks too good to be that old
Reply to
The wild eye