Petter A dates

Gentlemen I have been out spending some more of my kids inherittance and came home with a nice little Petter A11 .

I was trying to find the date of manufacture for this lump here

But that list was so confusing I had to go and have a lie down so I wondered if any of you guys could help

The engine plate says Petter A11 engine number is 521804 Thank you.

I will not insult your intelligences by directing you to a picture because I think you all will know what one looks like

Steve

Reply to
The wild eye

When you get up, I suggest looking at the line which reads A W Series II, this seems to include your serial number :-).

Petter A and W type are basically the same. one is (A)ir cooled, one is (W)ater cooled

Regards, Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur G

When you get up, I suggest looking at the line which reads A W Series II, this seems to include your serial number :-).

Petter A and W type are basically the same. one is (A)ir cooled, one is (W)ater cooled

Regards, Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur G

Have a look at the next page

you will find it about 2/3 down the page. Although that data came originally from Petters it was reverse engineered rather late in day and is, as the webpage says, not that accurate. The situation is further confused because Petters allocated the serial when the order was received and delivery can be anything up to 2 (or rarely even more) years later. Sadly the detailed sales records for post WW2 engines are not in the public domain. I think Lister-Petter had them but Lord knows where they are now!? ttfn Roland

Reply to
Roland Craven

Thanks guys I thought it was 45-47 But it just looks too good to be that old

Reply to
The wild eye