LISTER ENGINES

I HAVE A LISTER ENGINE LS 29 WHICH I AM RESTORING , I WAS WONDERING IF YOU HAVE INFORMATION ON THE YEAR IT WAS MADE OR WHERE I COULD FIND OUT MORE ON THE HISTORY OF THIS ENGINE.

MANY THANKS

Reply to
Clare Hack

Ah, the dreaded stuck Cap's Lock key syndrome.... :-))

Clare:

If you could advise the full engine spec, we can sort it out for you. Posting in CAPITALS is not considered polite on Usenet, normal typing is quite readable.

The spec plate is on the side of the engine, probably about halfway down and will have a long number like:

1234LS1A66

Dig that out and get back to us, we'll decipher it or you can go to:

and you should be able to have a stab at it yourself.

Peter

Prepair Ltd

Hi Clare

In message , Clare Hack writes

Welcome to the wonderful world of uk.rec.engines.stationary!

You will find a list of serial numbers and corresponding years of manufacture on Peter Forbes' rather fine site at

- and don't forget to look at the rest of the site at
I believe that, armed with the engine serial number, you can write enclosing an SAE to David Edgington who has the factory daybooks and can tell you to whom the engine was first supplied.

David Edgington, Lodge Wood Farm, Hawkeridge, Westbury, Wiltshire, BA13 4lA .

Best of luck!

Pete

Reply to
Peter Scales